Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Research Wrap-up

After two months, 37 hikes, and overcoming rain, snow, and a dead car battery, the fall 2012 field observation season is officially over!  The only thing left to do this year is one final hike on each mountain to download data from the loggers and remove my flagging, which should happen early next week.

For weeks now, people have been asking me if it was winter yet in New Hampshire, and I would always respond with, "not quite, but I have graphs showing how close we are!"  No one ever wanted to see my graphs =(

Now that we (myself, along with undergrad assistants Heath and Cotter) have finished collecting data the winter will be spent doing data entry, crunching numbers, and trying to figure out what this all means.  Over the course of my hikes, I've met a lot of nice and interesting people and I'm excited for work to begin again in the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment